Brad and I totally lucked out this winter season. His great aunt and uncle bought a new vehicle and with that purchase they received 2 season passes to Park City Ski Resort and they gave them to US! It was so nice of them to think of us. We went up last weekend and stayed at a hotel and then hit the slopes on Saturday...it was snowing and cold, but we were warm (thank goodness...I was really worried I would freeze but little did I know that should have been the least of my worries haha)...I borrowed Brad's sister's snowboard. I haven't been boarding for like 5 years, so I was nervous...especially about the lift experience because I haven't been able to get off the lift very well in the past...and this time was no different...probably even worse than the times before. I think I had a slight panic attack on the way up the mountain too (I think the older I get the more nervous I am about things...shouldn't it be reversed?) We get to the top and start to get off and Brad does just fine (of course) and I fall immediately and the lift is still going so I have to duck or else I would have been hit by the next bench coming!! So embarassing. The guy stops the lift and comes out to make sure I didn't get hit by the bench...it was great...needless to say I cried (I know, I'm 26 years old and still cry when I get embarrassed). I think it was because of the build up of how nervous I was and then it went bad.
Anyway, I didn't want to go fast down the mountain because I'm a chicken and so I was going down facing forward, not sideways, for most of the time (hence the post title...). I think skis might be my better choice. We're going to try that next time we go. Other than the lift experience and fighting with my spouse, it was a great trip haha (apparently I don't like being told what to do when I'm learning something new...so I got a little frustrated with my dear husband who was only trying to help). Next time will be better! :)
Don't we look so profesh? :) Brad was so cute. He looked like an out of place snowmobiler. But he picked it up again just fine (of course...) Aw I love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment